[ExI] girls better at math;Sapolsky

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 23:05:24 UTC 2017

Sapolsky:  tidbit about math.  Sorry, guys, girls score better than guys at
the highest level (not just average) in Iceland.

The more gender neutral the country, the more girls score as well as guys,
with Iceland being the most neutral.

Halfway through:  best nonfiction (or tied for the top) I have read.  If I
were (and I am not) the sort of person who tells people "You just have to
read this book." I would do so emphatically.  But you will be highly
rewarded if you do.  If you want the very latest in nature/nurture
interaction, epigenetics and a very lot more all the way to evolution, buy
it - read it.  Incredible book and a lot of technical stuff (DNA,
hormones), but you won't miss anything if you don't read those - mostly in
appendices.  Often very funny!

More later

bill w