[ExI] test

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 23 16:48:11 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 8:53 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] test

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:49 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Adrian, post away, me lad.  If anyone complains, we will review.  In this
case I would be very surprised if anyone complains.

CubeCab now has a signed, tentative agreement to launch 1,000 satellites
from ThumbSat.  (Small satellites, roughly 20 amounting to a 1U so this is
the equivalent of 50 1Us, but still.)  This compares
to:

* The Space Shuttle fleet's 140 total flights (including the 2 disasters and
the 5 Enterprise test flights), across its entire multi-decade career.

* The current world record for the number of satellites on one launch:
ISRO's 104 this past February (which was itself a monumental achievement).

* The increasing demand for CubeSat-and-smaller satellite launches, as
measured by the number launched per year (about 100 for each of the past few
years depending on how you measure it, after subtracting launch failures).

Now to see if that qualifies as a sufficient indication of interest.

HEY who's the yahoo posting commercial material on ExI?

Oh wait, retract, never mind...

{8^D

This is really cool Adrian!  Good luck to CubeCab.  I do sincerely hope you
guys make a cubic buttload of money, and if so we get lots of cool apps and
science out of those payloads.