[ExI] how to help?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 21:30:33 UTC 2017

On Jun 23, 2017, at 2:16 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23 June 2017 at 21:11, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
>> <snip>
>> Re wars:  has there been a defensible one since WWII?  No.
>> What will the Repubs get us into now so that their military industrial
>> complex buddies can make more billions?
>
> Why the snide remark about the Repubs?
> The Dems did the same.
> The military industrial complex don't care what political religion is in power.
> Makes little difference to them enriching themselves.

Right. If the MIC were a partisan concern, then we'd likely have seen far fewer wars and then only when one party is in power. Instead, we see even so called peace candidates and Nobel Peace Prize winners supporting ever more military intervention.

> After all, it all helps the USA GDP statistics.
> Produce war material, then blow it up abroad somewhere, then produce more.
> The equivalent of digging holes, then filling them in again.
> Great for business.  :(

It's good for certain business, yes, though bad for the economy as a whole. A net loss along the lines of the broken window fallacy -- not to mention all those innocent foreigners killed in the process.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst