[ExI] what to do politics

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:36:21 UTC 2017

I think what has to happen for anything to change is to find a likely
candidate and pour tens of millions into his fund, and start a new
political party.  George Wallace, no relation, did pretty good with
"There's not a dime's worth of difference"  Re the two parties.

Ideally you get a good name for the party 'Real Choice' is my submission,
and get grassroots started, though now you have to start in the sky, not
the ground.

By the way, I am not a Democrat, though as a liberal I have little choice,
don't you think?

Put this guy/woman on the campaign trail now!  It likely takes years to
form a Dixiecrat sort of thing, if I remember my history correctly.  Center
left, suits me; center right I could stand.  No radicals which attract as
many as they scare, if that.

The thing is to me, as a social psychologist, that the most important thing
is name recognition, and you can buy that on TV, as they will cover
anything.  Next is a motto, beat into everyone's head for years.  Find a
few candidates for the election in a year and a half if possible.

Don't have planks.  Be vague at all costs. You want sound bites, not
details easily argued with, which give away your strategy.  You have to
keep it simple, because there are more simple people than anyone else.  I
do read the liberals are very likely to stay home and not vote because they
are disgusted.  We need them back - but at all costs keep away from those
radical liberals professors.  One of those supporting you is like a dagger
in your back.

Hire a Hollywood agent to do the publicity part - bread and circuses always
works.

Assemble a team of experts on every subject; mixture of left and right,
libertarian and authoritarian.

It is sad that George Wallace was shot before we could see how much
difference he made.  But do you think the people are as aroused as you have
ever seen them?  I do.  Give them direction and they will recruit for you.
Some will beg to let them contribute in some way.

I am not kidding:  if this every works, we will see more votes than ever
cast before.

Alternative - I am behind Warren; lots and lots of people wanted a woman
but not Hillary; not ready for a black, though if I had had the chance I
would have voted for Barbara Jordan.

bill w