[ExI] ai article

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 18:28:06 UTC 2017

bill k - Where's the Protestant work ethic of hard work, discipline and
frugality gone?
If everyone turns into couch potatoes it will be a big upheaval in society.

bill w-  I am convinced that men and not necessarily women, as an average,
need not only to work but to do meaningful work. A significant percentage
of men will not sit in front of a tube all day long.  Manufacturing is
ideal in that there is an object that comes from your work.  I don't know
how coders who write only a part of a program, perhaps, feel.  As satisfied
as the object producer?

Putting men into public service projects, like picking up trash, will not
work.  That work is low and often done by criminals let out for the day.

Meaningful work - that's the challenge.

billw