[ExI] Trump on ​linear induction motors ​

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:01:22 UTC 2017

On Jun 29, 2017, at 9:20 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:05 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The US military budget is the biggest boondoggle in history.
>
> ​But Trump thinks that ​boondoggle​ ​isn't big enough and wants to spend 50 billion more than Obama did in his last US military budget​. And the Republican Congress thinks even that isn't big enough and wants to spend 28 billion more for a even bigger boondoggle​,​​ and Trump seems ​willing to go along. As I said it would have been nice if the most powerful man in the world was not a idiot.

When was the last time the military budget actually went down? And calling for even bigger increases... Well, I believe that's been done often and long before Trump. The MIC is not something new in American politics. In fact, if Trump were to seriously challenge it*, my guess is even the GOP would abandon him.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst

* Tepid or make believe challenges are fine -- just as long as those contracts keep getting inked.