[ExI] Heads up

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 30 14:55:52 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of BillK

>>...doubt I'm the only person on the list who received the plea for help
> and it may be too late to stop others from falling for it, but I
> thought I should say something.
>

>...Let the list moderators know the name of the person involved.
I've had no similar requests.

>...BillK

Ja good idea.  The person who supposedly sent the request may not know of
the scam.

About 20 yrs ago, someone was posting stuff to the ExI list posing as me.
We all took it in good fun.  Apparently the poster was female, or claimed
she was.  It started a big discussion on how to verify identities online.
There was no harm done in those more playful, experimental times.  I started
writing stuff posing as her posing as me.  We had a big ExI party at my
house and I had a bunch of the regulars post stuff from my account posing as
me, writing stuff they thought I would write.  It was a hoot.