[ExI] Why is this still a thing?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:39:33 UTC 2017

On Mar 7, 2017 3:52 PM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Most pennies I see on the sidewalk are not there a day later.

​I infer from that that you don't pick them up; and I further infer that
you don't because you have better uses for your time.

It depends on the circumstance.  For example, if I spy one while on foot
waiting on a stoplight, where I expect it to change soon enough that I
literally have nothing else productive to do that I can slot in before the
light changes, I may well pick it up.  (Theoretical maximum efficiency is
so often frustrated by real world constraints that the theories ignore, or
assume to be inconsequential for constraints that the theories go on to
violate.)