[ExI] the tao is silent - Smullyan,

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:33:35 UTC 2017

​Yes, libertarians don't care what other people think, only what they do.
Until an authoritarian violates someone else's rights, they're left alone.

-Dave​

I think that's very consistent with libertarianism - but.  Authoritarians
tend to want to tell people what to do, lay down rules - nonnegotiable -
scold, punish, be very cognizant of hierarchies.  All of that tells me that
they are going to irritate me a lot, even though I'll smile and tell them
that I'll do what I want and you can jump in the lake.

My mother told me a story on myself:  I was about three years old and had
done something bad.  My mother then started in on me and I told her, "Women
don't tell men what to do."

Already a bit of a libertarian, eh?  I was very lucky not to have
authoritarian parents.

We are by definition nonconformists and what authoritarians love most is
conformity, so there will always be a built-in conflict between us.

bill w