[ExI] A decentralized autonomous space agency

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:22:46 UTC 2017

Thanks Adrian,

re "you have a valuation of $0 right now, so all the shares of it are
worth $0 too" - that should also apply to The DAO... but they raised
$150 million in weeks! At the beginning, the novel participatory
governance model IS the product.

re "Governance belongs to those who buy shares?  You have described
most corporations." - I disagree. You and I (average investors, not
seriously rich) can buy shares in a public corporation, sell the
shares and maybe get dividends now and then, but our decision making
power is nil. In a private corporation, we can't even buy shares. In a
DAO, everyone can buy shares and everyone can participate in decision
making. Of course, the votes of those with many shares count more, but
if you argue well you can persuade others. There's easy delegation and
"liquid democracy." Also, shares could be karma-adjusted in voting
(I'm thinking aloud here).

re "The wisdom of those with money is not the wisdom of the crowd -
and in both cases, for actual working space projects, there's
fascination but not, it turns out, much actual wisdom." - in other
words, fascination is easy but wisdom is hard. Of course I can't
disagree, but isn't this one more reason to crowdsource? If you have
just one idea it's probably wrong, but among thousands of ideas there
must be one that is right. The problem is finding that one, and here's
where crowdsourcing helps. Wings uses an internal prediction market to
evaluate proposals.

Keep criticism coming!

PS CubeCab is cool! http://cubecab.com/