[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

Mark Walker markalanwalker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:33:21 UTC 2017

Citizens in the US already pay more taxes directed at health care per
capita than almost all other developed nations:
[image: Inline image 1]

Yes, this is a stunning feat: we pay more in taxes than most universal
coverage nations. As I have argued, if we insist on not having a singe
payer system, then justice demands that we allow those not insured to treat
themselves:  http://jetpress.org/v20/walker.htm. For example, the uninsured
should be able to prescribe antibiotics for themselves, and be allowed (at
least) to pay for medical testing. What we have now is the perfect
combination of inefficiency and injustice.

Mark

Dr. Mark Walker
Richard L. Hedden Chair of Advanced Philosophical Studies
Department of Philosophy
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3B
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001