[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 28 14:36:39 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

On 28 March 2017 at 14:58, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
>>... Why doesn't Congress allow our health agencies to bargain with drug
companies over prices?

>...Because Big Pharma and the health insurance companies are the biggest
lobby group in Washington.
Until you fix the problem of companies buying support in Congress you are
not going to fix any other problems.
At present the USA appears to have government for the benefit of
corporations, not the people.  BillK

Ja.  I don't see anything in the US Constitution that authorizes the Federal
government to make or enforce law regarding drug companies.  Proposed
solution: have all that done at the state level.