[ExI] POL: Re: ​Freedom of the press

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 4 01:15:41 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 5:22 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] POL: Re: ​Freedom of the press

Oh well, at least we won't have to face the horrors of Hillary's Email server.

Did you notice that Trump was the only candidate of either party that wasn't same old same old D.C. politics?

That could well have been the motivation for many people who were tired of no-nothing/against everything Congress (point supported by extremely low ratings for it).

bill w

BillW, the meme that congress is so poorly rated is not at all clear.  If a survey is made of congressional approval, the numbers are around 20% approval.  When the same crowd is asked their approval of their own representative, the number jumps into the 50s generally reflecting the approval rating of a sitting president.  When we take only those who can name their representative and discard the others, the approval number jumps into the 70s to low 80s.  Most people can name the current president, but we could throw out the approval response for those who cannot.  So why not discard those opinions of those who do not know the name of their own representative?