[ExI] dying?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun May 21 00:49:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Interesting if absurd idea:  can we build something organic that can
> receive radio signals?

​Well, there are electrically c
onductive polymer
​s you could use as a antenna, and for the detector use a crystal of
lead sulfide
as they did in the old crystal sets, I know that's not a organic compound
but I imagine organic process ​could make it from lead and sulfur.

Speaking of absurd ideas, I always wondered if biology was up to the task
of making diamonds; Evolution never ha
​d​
a need to produce such a thing so it
​never did
, but with genetic engineering.....    Imagine a tree that had big diamonds
at the center of its peaches instead of just a pit.

No natural
​
enzyme
​
can handle carbon atoms delicately enough to arrange them in a lattice, but
could a man made one? It would be very hard for a human to design such a
molecule, but that's just the sort of thing a quantum computer would be
good at.

​ John K Clark​

.