[ExI] tabby's star dimming again

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu May 25 00:47:21 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

​

>…during the Carboniferous Era … there was nearly twice as much oxygen in the air as now (forest fires must have been a bitch) and about 3 times as much CO2; Yet

​ the most advanced land animals at the time were 9 foot millipedes, dragonflies the size of falcons, and 18 inch long cockroaches… John K Clark

Ok so we have bred dogs of all sizes from wolves in only a few hundred

generations.  Wouldn’t it be cool to try to set up a big tent or some kind

of sealed bio-sphere and start trying to breed up these monsters again?

Could you even imagine the fun we could have with a freaking 18 inch cock

roach?  It would be perfectly safe too: if he got loose and escaped the lab

(imagine that, you know how people freak out over a little 3 inch cock

roach, well you know they would go insane over an 18 incher, wooohooo!)

well, he would just suffocate and go limp.

Oh and those dragonflies, I would like to try to create them, just to eat it.  It might

sound rather unappetizing, but consider how gross a prawn looks.  Think about it,

a dragonfly, one big enough to have some actual meat on that tail, might be a

delicacy undevoured by humankind, cool!