[ExI] bug eating again, was: RE: tabby's star dimming again

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat May 27 15:38:48 UTC 2017

Subject: Re: [ExI] bug eating again, was: RE: tabby's star dimming again

>...Being retro-actively grossed out by food to me is just silly. You ate
it, you liked it, you didn't die.
>...Culture is weird. I admit I would feel some type of way if I were trying
to eat an eyeball, but I'd try anything else as long as you didn't tell me
what it was first. IMO it's better to try food then find out what it is, so
that your preconceptions about food don't override reality.

There is a trick to it, one I will share.

On several occasions I have been called upon to share some specialized
culture's food.  Good example Vietnamese party food.  They have all kinds of
stuff you are better off know knowing, but many of my friends and neighbors
are Vietnamese expatriates.

When anticipating such an event, go about three or four days beforehand to a
low or nearly zero-fat high fiber diet, bland if possible, white rice, white
bread, bran, potatoes (no butter) that sort of thing, green leafy vegetables
but nothing zippy, sufficient calories but little or no fat.  Then on party
day, eeeeeverything looks tasty, irregardful of what it is or was.  People
like it when the local white guy eats their cultural delicacies.

Once one devours some revolting delicacy and it doesn't cause gastronomic
distress, the process somehow resets the mechanism that grosses one
outwardly.  It works!

Even if you don't have a party, I recommend you try at some point the super
low fat temporary diet.  If you do it, you will gain insights on why so many
weight-loss programs fail.  Your instinct will overpower your will power.