[ExI] spam

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon May 29 20:37:20 UTC 2017

On 29 May 2017 at 21:14, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> Does anyone know what happens when you mark an email as spam?  I presume
> that it goes someplace other than your inbox, but does the sender get a
> message that what he sent was marked spam?  What about his subsequent
> messages?  Does he know you are not reading them?

Gmail explains here:
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en>
There is no response to the sender. Mainly because in most cases they
send millions of spam messages and there is no point in telling them
that you noticed. :)  But if enough people report them as spam, gmail
will automatically put any more into your spam folder.

> Tangent:  why aren't there little lcd things you can put in the car's back
> window to send messages you program to the car behind you?

You can get these devices. Search on car window led sign.
But it could be risky to encourage road rage in other drivers.  :)
Especially in the USA where they have a shotgun behind the driver's seat.

BillK