[ExI] Firearms in a truck was Re: spam

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Tue May 30 03:56:43 UTC 2017

Sent from my iPad
> On May 29, 2017, at 16:21, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>

> Having a shotgun behind the driver's seat is very rare, even in the reddest
> of our states.  Reason: they are too long to be conveniently aimed with one
> hand out the drivers side window, clumsy, hard to access back there.  Better
> is a competent handgun in the pistol box beside the driver in the center
> console or the pistol box on the drivers side door, either of which which
> can be accessed easily and quickly in an emergency, better than behind the
> seat or in the pistol box in front of the front passenger seat.
>
> spike

This might depend on where you live. In the early 2000s in oakwood and flowery branch (yes, the flowery branch in that Hee Haw skit) it wouldn't be weird to see shot guns and rifles in the gun rack, which is mounted to the cab of the truck behind the seats, overhead.

These guns of course are not meant for shooting people, but for hunting. The rifle generally wasn't loaded, but the shotgun was (even though I think this was illegal).

I would expect that someone would run you off the road and then shoot you with such a setup, rather than the urban phenomenon of shooting through the window with a handgun.