[ExI] An AI program that teaches itself

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 13:39:54 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> And for programs that have to deal with raw input, robustness might be
> more important than anything except getting the right answer.

​There is no sure fire guarantee but nevertheless I'd place my bet on a
small fast program having fewer bugs than a slow bloated program. ​

​> ​
> The bottom line is that real-world problem solving is vastly more
> complicated than evaluating board game playing ability.

​As Spike says making money is a real world problem and that's the great
thing about the Free Market, one dimension that covers so many important
things. At one time Republicans thought the Free Market was great too and
that's why I was a Republican for many years, but times change. ​

​ John K Clark​