[ExI] More on topological quantum computing

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:23:34 UTC 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017  Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com> wrote:

​>
>> ​>​
>> ​John-
>> ​ ​
>> ​D​
>> o you know if these folks are associated with Microsoft's efforts in this
>> space?
>>

> ​> ​
> As far as I know they are not,

It turns out I was wrong they ARE connected with Microsoft, they are all
part of
​ ​
Microsoft's
​ ​
Q Station project.
​ ​
Yesterday they published a new paper in
​ ​
Nature Communications
​ ​
with more proof that they have indeed found
​ ​
Majorana fermions, the spin of their quasiparticle
​ ​
is the opposite of
​ ​
its momentum in a
​ ​
magnetic field, and that is pretty much the smoking gun for a Majorana
fermion.

​By the way I may be offline for a while, Hurricane ​Irma and its 180 mph
winds seems to be heading more or less strait for me.

John K Clark