[ExI] ants again

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:40:09 UTC 2018

Spike wrote:

> Recall about 4 yrs ago when I tested the theory that perhaps ants . .. .

snip

And how long has it been since we shared a common ancestor with ants?

As most of you know, I moved to San Diego about 4 years ago. Three of
those years we had a swarm of ants in the house.  Two of those years,
the swam ended when the ants found a way to crawl into the freezer.
This was so weird I took pictures and looked to see if I should post
about it.  Nope, well known that ants do that.

This last year no ants at all. No idea why.

 snip

> In any case it gives me an idea: perhaps if we could somehow figure out what
chemical pheromone ants use to tell each other to go to war would be a way
to make them harmless?

We already know how to do this.  Humans respond to a perceived bleak
future. Get them to think they have a bright future. I know, this
can't be done given the resource crisis. But there may be technical
ways to make people better off and not put more pressure on resources.

Keith