[ExI] Prisoner of bad philosophy: Carl Sagan couldn’t allow himself to hope

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 14:20:17 UTC 2018

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 at 11:32 pm, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ben, then how to explain the taliban-like intolerance of militant
> atheists? The only explanation I can find is that they thinkvthey know.

Atheists think they know that there is no evidence for God, and therefore
that belief in God is without basis. For some atheists it is upsetting that
so many base their lives around religious belief given this, and they feel
obliged to tell them why they are wrong at every opportunity; for other
atheists peoples’ stupidity doesn’t bother them.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou