[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 179, Issue 2

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Aug 5 17:18:36 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:40 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 179, Issue 2

--
Ben Zaiboc

>…I went to a Southern Baptist college for three …  Protestants in general in my experience don't want students taught how to think.  They want them taught what to think.

bill w

It is a classic paradox of our times: religious fundamentalism does create a reproductive advantage.  There is no real survival disadvantage that I can see.  Plenty of religious fundamentalists accept the notion that they are to spawn several offspring.  If one goes strictly on Objectivist philosophy, reproduction makes little sense.  Conclusion: in modern times, religious fundamentalism is a big enough reproductive advantage, it can be expected to grow over time, even in the face of counter-evidence of its veracity.