[ExI] rational hypocrites

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 21:07:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> * >How do you know that your own eyes, ears, and other senses aren't in on
> it, or being manipulated by some conspiracy?*

I don't know. Godel and Turing proved 80 years ago there is no algorithm
that will always give you the truth the whole truth and nothing but the
truth, so we have no choice but to use judgement in determining what to
believe and what is too silly to warrant further consideration. But
nobody's judgement is infallible so maybe I'm wrong and Alex Jones is right
and the traumatized Sandy Hook shooting survivors really are just very very
talented 6 year old child actors payed to look sad and terrified by fans of
gun control. And maybe QAnon is right and Hillary Clinton and Tom Hanks
really are pedophiles and head of a international ring of child molesters
that secretly rules the world. And maybe there really is a china teapot in
orbit around Uranus. And maybe there really is a God. Maybe, but I rather
doubt it.

John K Clark