[ExI] Prisoner of bad philosophy: Carl Sagan couldn?t allow > himself to hope

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:26:41 UTC 2018

I am not a big expert on evolution - but (yeah, there's a but here) it
seems that the only stress is on the number of offspring.  That might be
the case for most species, but for ours we need to bring the quality of the
offspring into consideration.  Higher quality people can have much greater
impact on the world.  For sheer numbers, we already have far too many
people, so our species survival is assured (compared to other ones, that is
- of course our survival may endanger all the rest if we don't tone down
the aggression).

bill w