[ExI] Atheism

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Aug 10 17:52:03 UTC 2018

Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

"Atheism IS a belief system when it becomes militant and intolerant.
Let's agree to disagree."

Wait a minute. That makes no sense.

Either something is or isn't a belief system. Whether or not that
something is 'militant' or intolerant has no bearing on it. You're
basically saying that something which isn't a belief system, suddenly
becomes one when people do something you don't like??

I can't "agree to disagree" if that means "stop arguing with me when I
say these silly things". Does this make me a militant? No, it doesn't. I
have no intention or desire to cause you physical harm, that would be
against my principles.

You are conflating the concepts of blind faith with rationality, and
discussion with physical violence. Try doing the same with Red and
Green, then drive a car. Perhaps you will see the problem.

--
Ben Zaiboc