[ExI] Electoral College

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Aug 17 20:45:09 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:17 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Electoral College

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM, <spike at rainier66.com <mailto:spike at rainier66.com> > wrote:

Fortunately presidents do not make law and do not make orders of this kind.
Article 9 and Article 10 of the Bill of Rights prevented this from happening

>…No they do not. Article 9 and 10 are just words on paper…

Not to the military.  Articles 9 and 10 are part of the law of the land, which they have sworn to defend.

>… we already know that 52% of Republicans think it is not, they'd be fine with canceling the 2020 election if Trump gave them the word…

So 48% of Republicans plus every other party combined can easily outvote (and out not-vote) the 52%.

>…And Trump hasn't yet even started his PR offensive by ordering his mindless followers to start a "fake election" chant at one of his nuremberg style rallies.  John K Clark

The rally chants would have little or no impact on the Supreme Court.

Worry about real things John.  We have real threats.