[ExI] Electoral College and 1177 BCE

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 20:32:51 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM,  John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

>  There
> must be somebody on the list besides me that voted for Clinton but if there
> is he's yet to speak up.

I did.  But after the election, I realized to my horror that I had
predicted Trump to win in various EP papers.

The details are in old postings to this list, the short version is
that people are attracted to irrational leaders when they are under
economic stress.

BTW, been reading up on the collapse of the first global civilization
which happened around 1177 BCE.  See 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization
Collapsed by Eric Cline.  If you want a preview,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcu-ysocX4  I actually recommend
watching the video, reading the book and then watching the video
again.

There are a couple of things to take away from this that strongly
relate to the current situation.

And it might give you a feeling for what would happen after a
collapse.  I.e., the 1% are not likely to survive.

Keith