[ExI] Things I have (sort of) changed my mind on (3): Tabloid transhumanism

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:36:27 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 3:26 PM Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which begs the questions:
>
> 1) What can do we do today, to make sure this future will eventually come
> about?
>
> 2) Short of the wildly optimistic projections for Singularity
> tomorrow, what parts of that can we realistically implement in the
> short term?  Can each of us carve off pieces to accomplish, so that
> our collective works will improve humanity, bring the long-distant
> Singularity much closer to today, and reap substantial personal
> rewards in the near term?
>
> I know my answers, especially to the latter.  (CubeCab is the
> currently most visible part.)  But what about the rest of you?  I know
> some of you have similar answers.
>
> I have little idea about what the Singularity might bring about for
humanity.  I am full of ideas about advances in biology that could improve
humanity incredibly.  Few of us seem that interested in genetics and its
role in creating the transhumans we desire.  But that's the way it's going
to happen.  AI is not going to create people - could help with the
computations, but ideas about changing our DNA will have to come from
people.

bill w