[ExI] playing psychologist

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:05:44 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 2:28 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

*>I just thought I'd invade your privacy and ask you what helped you become
> a libertarian,*

My libertarianism (
the philosophy not the party
) goes back even further than my atheism, before I was 12 I was more
religious than most.
I don't remember anyone telling me but but from the first time I head the
word "democracy" I somehow  got the idea
it meant you could do anything you wanted as long as it didn't hurt anybody
else, it made sense to me so I just assumed that's the way the USA
operated. It took me a embarrassingly long time but when I discovered
that's not what the word means and is certainly not the way the laws of the
USA work I felt a combination of surprise and outrage. I'm no longer
surprised but I'm still outraged.

 John K Clark