[ExI] playing psychologist

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Mon Aug 27 14:39:14 UTC 2018

William Flynn Wallace wrote:

>I do not believe in what someone called an implicit precursor.  One
>drug does not lead to another.  Now some people will want to try
>anything once they find out that they can take stuff that creates a
>different mindset.  It's the person, not the drug.  Only 5% of pot
>users go on to heroin, making the statistic 'nearly all heroin users
>start with pot' irrelevant and very misleading.

I was bringing up the question for Will of whether he felt that since
his position is that crack should be banned as implicitly dangerous,
therefore cocaine should be as well. Not because it was a behavioral
precursor but because it's a *chemical precursor*. That is, you start
with cocaine to make crack.

         cocaine + baking soda => crack + water + carbon dioxide + salt

-- David.