[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 179, Issue 25

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:14:31 UTC 2018

On 28 August 2018 at 19:07, Ben Zaiboc  wrote:

> If anybody's interested, I can offer my own particular Transhumanist
> Hobbyhorse for discussion, which is the intersection of biology and
> engineering, specifically the design of human bodies to be much more fit for
> our needs. I'm envisaging a hybrid bio-synthetic body, and considering the
> various challenges involved. Although it would be just a stepping-stone on
> the way to better things for those that want them, it would also be a
> possible end-point for some folks, and a huge improvement on what we have
> now.
>
> If this piques anyone's curiosity, take a look at
> https://hpluspedia.org/wiki/Human_Body_2.0. This is where I'm collecting my
> ideas together, and anyone with an interest and sensible ideas to contribute
> is welcome to join in.

Back in June 2018 BBC TV showed a 1hr 30m documentary about
redesigning the human body, with rather weird results.
An article describing the redesign is here:
<https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-06-13/this-is-what-the-perfect-body-looks-like-according-to-science/>

The film is not currently available from the BBC, but a search offers
various download and torrent sites if you want to watch it.

BillK