[ExI] Tim May died

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:34:37 UTC 2018

I am really bummed out.  Tim May was reported dead on another list I read.

He was mentioned on this list most recently a couple of years ago as
one of the ur-cryptoanarchists.

Tim used to come to my PENSFA parties when I lived in San Jose in the
mid to late 80s.  A story from those days is him trying to fool my
daughter with a chicken drumstick, a turkey drumstick and one of those
salad spinners.  Tried to get her to think the spinner had made the
drumstick larger.  She wasn't having any of it.

Tim was also known for writing the specification for the anon remailer
network.  Eric Hughes then implemented it.

He was one of the people I talked to about cryonics a number of times
over the years, last just after Hal Finney was suspended.  To no
avail.

Keith