[ExI] Cryosecurity -- considering all post-preservation scenarios

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 00:33:10 UTC 2018

A number of times during the past few years, my mind has dwelled on some
possible negative post-cryopreservation scenarios which I have not ever
seen discussed.  Death is considered the worst case, but what about fates
worse than death?

In particular I worry that a malicious stranger could steal your body, and
then you would wake up being or enslaved, or submitted to the nightmarish
whims of some madman.

Cryogenic resuscitation technology will probably be more widely available
in the future, if that is a route which we end up exploring more, so who
knows what kind of people will have access to it?  Or, there could possibly
be moles for some criminal organization among the employees of a cryo
company.

Has this kind of scenario been written about before?  It's a lot of trust
to put in a company, to watch over the carbonite slab containing yourself...