[ExI] virtual ptsd

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Wed Dec 26 19:14:02 UTC 2018

Anything one perceives as life-threatening can become the source of ptsd or ptsd-like symptoms. Perception is reality.

There are companies that sell virtual reality based therapy tools like Virtual Iraq where one can re-experience scenarios and become desensitized to them or play out different outcomes. Those systems include tactile surfaces to sit on that rumble, smells from battle, replica weapons, and the usual visual-audio VR.
We have one of their older systems at my work for treating combat Vets: http://www.virtuallybetter.com/