[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Feb 9 18:55:02 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 8:06 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:44 AM, <spike at rainier66.com <mailto:spike at rainier66.com> > wrote:

Well there is that, but Irish might be a special case.  If you ever do one of those 70 dollar DNA tests, it is very difficult to find a person who isn’t part Irish.  If they are recent (last century) immigrants from Africa or Asia, they won’t have any probably, but anyone with European ancestry seems to turn up with that in there.  I didn’t even know until I took the test.  I would bet you have Irish BillW.

    https://gizmodo.com/how-dna-testing-botched-my-familys-heritage-and-probab-1820932637

>…-Dave

Ja, we know these 70 dollar DNA kits are not terribly accurate, but they did a terrific job on mine.  I was able to find DNA-linked cousins in both Sweden, Germany and Ireland, and trace right back to the place they came from in two of those three cases.  I would give them a score of not perfect but good, a solid B+.