[ExI] Forbidden Words

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 01:12:19 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 2:29 PM, Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> I thought it was the Russians.  Now it's the robots?

It's off subject be the answer is it's both, Russian bots on Facebook and
Twitter fueled the Clinton
​
rumor machine and
helped put Vladimir Putin's lapdog in the White House.

> ​> ​
> Also, who's pocket is that universal income going to come out of?

The money will come from the pocket of whatever is generating wealth, if
you are generating lots of it then congratulations but don't expect that
happy state of affairs is going to continue indefinitely because robots are
increasing their share of  wealth
that is created
​
ever day
​
And
​
right now nearly all of
​
that vast increase of money
​
is going to the top 1% of the top 1%,  thus just
the
​
8
​
richest
​
people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.6 BILLION people. I am now
going to make a prediction that I am very very confident will turn out to
be true, one way of another that trend will NOT continue and some ways of
reversing it will be more unpleasant than others.

> ​>​
>   I would assume those of us who are still forced to work because robots
> haven't taken our jobs yet.

​
Yes. And
​ Dy
lan, I don't know what you do for a living but whatever it is its only a
matter of time before a robot can do it better than you can, and it
probably will not a great amount of time. Certainly its happening a lot
faster than I expected and so the economic ideas I had just 5 years ago are
rapidly approaching obsolescence. .

> ​> ​
> Considering ALL taxation is a form of armed, forcible expropriation, I'm
> not in favor of looking for ways to increase it.

​Yeah yeah I know, that was my line too until very recently but times
change (boy do they ever!) and although I still have a emotional affection
for it today its clear as a bell that
 old mantra ​just can't hold water anymore.

 ​John K Clark​