[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Feb 12 03:23:42 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill

>…On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:05 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com <mailto:foozler83 at gmail.com> > wrote:

>>…You really cannot blame white people for a loss of language and religion, can you?

>…Of course. You think they gave that up on their own?...-Dave

What happens to old languages when we need all the words and grammatical constructs to describe new technology?  Navajo doesn’t have words for cars, cell phones, computers, all the cryptic technology stuff we have now.  How do these original languages manage?

Hey that would be a kick: have a couple of code-talkers discussing quantum computing devices in Navajo.