[ExI] woman gets on luggage belt, goes thru x-ray machine

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Feb 16 19:42:56 UTC 2018

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:16 AM
To: rafal at smigrodzki.org; ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] woman gets on luggage belt, goes thru x-ray machine

# No danger there, unless she stayed under the scanner for a few hours, or maybe days. Digital X ray scanners have generally quite low dosages.

Rafal

to put it in perspective, one cat scan is the equivalent of 1000 chest xrays.  bill w

Ja?  Cool that’s a relief.  I still want a machine that we could set up to make someone look like they are nekkid, but not this thing.  The whole melting head, bones and beating heart business, eh, I don’t want to look that closely at anyone.

I thought of a fun gag we could play however.  Get some people in cahoots, open minded sorts, set up an ordinary video camera, have them take off everything and walk in front of it.  Record.

Then get those same people to pretend to be passengers at the airport.  Line them up in such a way that they can see the video (for timing purposes.)  Then you get unsuspecting airport passersby, and: HEY check this!  A new invention for security!

They we play the tape, have the first pre-recorded person walk into a booth dressed as any airline passenger, she shows up on the video nekkid, you say NEXT, she steps out fully clothed, next guy goes in, repeat, etc.

…heeeeeeheheheheheheeeee oh that would be a terrific candid camera gag…  Those poor saps who fall for it, they might never get on another plane.

{8^D

I would like to know what will happen to her now.  Is Dr. Rafal among us?  Would that dose be enough to nuke her innards?  Can she still have babies, if she waits a few cycles?  How the heck does that work?  I don’t recall seeing a warning on those machines in the airport, but I do have vague memories as a very young child there was an x-ray machine at the shoe store (not kidding, they had one.)  We survived that.  So perhaps this melting woman will be OK.