[ExI] de Waal

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 16:50:28 UTC 2018

genes that tend to make children believe what authority figures tell them
propagate through the gene pool faster than genes that don’t.   john

John - let me ask you a personal question:  have you had any children?
Have you heard of the terrible twos?  Teenage rebellion?  This reminds me
of John Watson and his famous boast about getting 30 children at random and
making them into anything he wanted.

Obedience in youth is often by force - eat or go hungry - make up your bed
or no TV, and so on.  I also wonder what the statistics are about children
growing up and following their parents' religion and other beliefs.
Conformity is at an extreme in the teens, but not to parents' wishes!!
Read "No Two Alike" - two sisters of a famous psychologist who were raised
together by her and could not have been more different.

Sometimes we look up on people as sheep, and sometimes they act that way.
But often there is more pushback there than you think.

bill w