[ExI] Missing or not?

Forrest Bennett fhb3.evolute at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:09:02 UTC 2018

>From TFA
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/01/09/the-mystery-behind-the-fate-of-a-top-secret-satellite-comes-at-the-height-of-one-of-elon-musks-biggest-rivalries/?utm_term=.3ea1ffea74ff>
regarding
the Zuma launch:

In a statement issued Tuesday morning, SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell
said: "For clarity: after review of all data to date, Falcon 9 did
everything correctly on Sunday night. If we or others find otherwise based
on further review, we will report it immediately."

“Since the data reviewed so far indicates that no design, operational or
other changes are needed, we do not anticipate any impact on the upcoming
launch schedule," Shotwell said. "Falcon Heavy has been rolled out to
launchpad LC-39A for a static fire later this week, to be followed shortly
thereafter by its maiden flight. We are also preparing for an F9 launch for
SES and the Luxembourg Government from SLC-40 in three weeks.”

There is a lot of speculation about what is really going on here regarding
this super secret satellite.

If there had really been a problem with the launch on the SpaceX side, you
can be 100% certain that the existing launch schedule would be pushed back
for 3-6 months. Since the existing launch schedule is unchanged, we can be
sure that the SpaceX Falcon 9 performed nominally.

If there was a failure, it had to be on the side of the satellite builder
(Northrop Grumman).

Forrest