[ExI] Greek debt crisis

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jul 12 04:55:18 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Stuart LaForge

Subject: [ExI] Greek debt crisis

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-the-greece-debt-crisis-3305525

"The bailout program is scheduled to end in August, 2018. Greece's
unemployment rate...

>...Here's a crazy idea: Instead of punishing the tax payer's of Greece for
staying in the EU, how about an international agreement to pay Greece a 5%
royalty on the Olympic games? Why? Because they *invented* the Olympic games
way back when.

>...Stuart LaForge

I would go along with it, if they would get the athletes to compete nekkid,
Greek style.  I would be first in line to buy tickets to women's figure
skating, women's gymnastics, pretty much anything except women's weight
lifting and I might even check out that.  The Greeks were on it that way.
We treat sports like a business, but the Greeks knew how to have fun while
having fun.