[ExI] Mail server announcement

John Klos john at ziaspace.com
Mon Jul 16 23:29:03 UTC 2018

Hello, all,

I just wanted to let people here know that we're going to be updating
our email servers' configurations to reduce the amount of spam we accept.

Spam servers often report themselves as "google.com" or "outlook.com",
while real Google and Outlook servers are more specific. We're going to
turn back on the feature which rejects email from servers that use an
incorrect name instead of a name which points back to the connecting
server.

We had used this feature in the past but because certain email services
are set up haphazardly, this was a problem and was turned off. This still
could be a problem, but other servers using this feature have been
relatively problem-free.

If for any reason your email to the Extropy mailing lists is rejected or
otherwise fails to appear in a timely fashion, please let us know. Since
the same email server which hosts the Extropy mailing lists also hosts my
primary email account (the one from which this message is sent), you
wouldn't be able to reach me if this feature is the cause. In that case,
you can email me at jklos {at} netbsd.org.

Thanks very much,
John Klos
--
I don't know which scares me more - that people adhere to the idea of an
omnipotent being powerful enough to create the universe, but whose