[ExI] evolution and crazy thinking

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:31:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 2:26 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

​>
> *Evolution did a great job but it has a long way to go. *

Yes but random mutation and natural selection can only get you so far,
future improvements will need a intelligent designer. Those mental flubs
and errors you mentioned are good evidence that our minds were not made be
a intelligent designer, much less a infinitely wise one.

> ​>* ​*
> *I hope it gets the chance.*

I still think we have a fighting chance of reaching the singularity
reasonably intact, although my confidence is only about a third what it was
2 years ago.

​ John K Clark​
 ​