[ExI] science skepticism

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Mon Jun 4 05:56:38 UTC 2018

Bill W wrote:

> This is change your mind some about it:
>
> https://aeon.co/ideas/what-makes-people-distrust-science-surprisingly-not-politics?utm_source=Aeon+Newsletter&utm_campaign=db8e52a95a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_05_31_12_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_411a82e59d-db8e52a95a-68993993

The article you posted seems to ignore that there is an antiscience
movement on the left also that asserts that science is a tool of
colonization and oppression used by whites to victimize people of color.

https://reason.com/blog/2016/10/14/watch-leftist-students-say-science-is-ra

What I'm taking away from this is that "science skepticism" is really a
symptom of the divisiveness that has been plaguing society of late. One of
the many defense mechanisms being deployed by subcultures to retain
socio-political identity and heterogeneity in a world that is increasingly
falling sway to a one-size-fits-all homogeneous globalist
consumer-capitalist mindset.

These people might be rejecting science in order to avoid being
assimilated by the Borg of neoliberalism.

Otherwise, why would the number of Flat-Earthers be increasing in light of
all of the evidence to the contrary? Evidence that is now more copious and
freely available than in any other time in history?

Maybe people *need* to feel different and special even if they must
dispense with rationality to do it.

Stuart LaForge