[ExI] Anders Sandberg

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Jun 28 05:10:49 UTC 2018

The theory I have long considered most likely is that technological evolved species seldom survive the run up to Singularity.  Why?  Because they must overcome their evolved psychology and evolved limited intelligence quite rapidly in order to avoid a catastrophic failure to deal with ever accelerating change and ever more complex issues.    Their likely evolved psychology, if we assume non-exceptionalism relative to our own evolved psychology,  does not tend to the level of cooperation, trust, and understanding of true mutual benefit that are likely needed.

Of course the other successful civs could have us in a box controlling what we do and do not perceive of their works while they wait to see if we are “keepers” or not.