[ExI] I wish this was fake news

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:41:59 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:43 PM, <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Dave Sill
>
> >…There's plenty of evidence that Russia tried to influence the election,
> but I haven't seen much in the way of actual voting machine hacking. Not
> saying it didn't or couldn't happen...
>

> Barbra Streisand: “I’ve talked to senators from Michigan and Wisconsin. I
> do believe, like I believed during Bush, they were playing with those voter
> machines…”

Seriously? Hearsay from a celebrity is the best you've got?

>…If the Russians helped Trump, how likely is he to try to prevent that in
> the future?
>

> Elections are done on a state level.  Trump can’t do anything either way.
> It isn’t his call.

Then you're not trying to solve one problem, you're trying to solve 50
problems. Good luck with that. Trump, congress, and the entire federal
government are constantly doing things that aren't their call. Who would
object to a national effort to replace old, vulnerable, proprietary voting
machines with new, open source, more secure voting machines with a paper
trail?

-Dave