[ExI] blue bug

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 4 05:06:43 UTC 2018

Cool!  I was out walking this afternoon and saw what looked like an
armadillo bug, but it was blue.  I have seen millions of those things, but I
have never seen a blue one.  I took him home, looked it up and learned a
lotta cool stuff.

I already knew armadillo bugs (some call them pill bugs or woodlice) aren't
insects or arachnids, but I learned that they are crustaceans, the most
common of the few crustaceans that are terrestrial.

Then the next cool thing: blue woodlice are ones that have a virus!  No
kidding:

He didn't act like he was feeling lousy (or what it would mean if a
woodlouse felt lousy) but I guess it would be hard to tell.

Bugs are so cool.