[ExI] The Turing Test

Christian Saucier csaucier at sovacs.com
Wed May 16 19:30:54 UTC 2018

Let's also remember that this is a specialized system: it only handles reservations and appointments.  For sure, that will grow to include more complex interactions in the future, but the fact that the system is specialized is important.

Humans are specialized too. I don't know much and couldn't hold a serious conversation about microbiology.  Humans are also automatons, preferring to repeat habits rather than rethinking about all the social rules at every single moment.

As a result, I don't believe any of this should be mistaken for a proper Turing test.

That said, based on the samples I've seen, I most likely wouldn't be able to tell if I was organizing a reservation with Duplex.

C.