[ExI] Altered Carbon

Richard Litzkow rlitzkow at gmail.com
Mon May 7 06:20:56 UTC 2018

The show was very well executed and captured the spirit of the first book
by Richard Morgan - even if it took a few more liberties for the sake of
visual storytelling.

I would recommend to anyone who enjoyed the TV adaptation that they also
read the book and support the author who writes a lot of transhumanist
fiction.

- Richard Litzkow

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> If you get tired of watching the media whine about Trump or vice-versa,
> then watch this show!
>
> Just finished binge-watching the first season of the show "Altered
> Carbon". It's got serious H+ cred, a well-written plot, lots of sex and
> violence, and it's pretty much Trump-free.
>
> Ignoring the unnecessary plot device that the miniaturized computers
> (called "stacks") that people get their minds uploaded to are "alien
> technology" as opposed to smart watches + 200 more years of Moore's Law,
> the scenarios and issues explored could have come right off this list from
> the 1990's.
>
> I want to discuss all the cool stuff in the show, but then again I don't
> want to spoil it for anyone either. So . . . Well shit that's all I can
> say. Maybe I should start a thread with a spoilers warning. :-)
>
> Stuart LaForge

"For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are
there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then
set yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I
know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and
the impossible..." Nietzsche